Monday, November 25, 2013

5 Fab trends from the 90s, that we're wearing again...

It's true - most of today's fashion trends are inspired from back in the day... and I mean way back.  So when your mom says "We used to wear those back in my day!", she's not kidding.  Personally, I love it.   Being able to wear a jumper or overalls with a pair of cute floral tights, knee socks and Dr. Martens... makes me feel like a little girl again.  Some trends will never fade, or is it that they just repeat themselves?  Knee socks, jean jackets, overalls... take a peak at some of these fabulous trends of today, that your mom probably has shoved away in her closet! 


1. Jean Jackets - The denim decade is back! Vests, blouses, jackets - perfect over just about any outfit.
patterned shorts with jean jacket
2. High Waisted Shorts - The best trend to ever take over the fashion world (in my opinion).  High waisted everything, all day everyday... This trend can hang around for a while.
Blazer with high waisted jean shorts
3. Overalls - Could not be happier to see overalls featured all over my favorite shopping sites.  Literally adorable - with tights, cute boots, converse.  Absolutely love this 90's rebound.
Ashlees Loves: Timeless overalls  #overalls #fashion #style
4. Knee Socks - This look reminds me of a 90's catholic school girl outfit - throwback!  Love a pair of knee socks with booties and a cute little dress.  It's the perfect accessory and accentuates your legs!
The right way to do over the knee socks fashion-inspirations
5. Dr. Martens - Think these are those shoes your parents would wear to work because they're "comfortable"? You're right - now they're a top trend.  Doc Martens are perfectly adorable with a skater skirt or sun dress... just bought my own pair from Urban Outfitters, and I'm in love :)
I don't know why, but I actually think this is cute! 

The beauty of reliving these 90s trends is that you can most likely find some of these, if not all of these, at your local thrift store.  There's nothing more rewarding than a golden find at a thrift shop.  Vintage fashion, at an affordable price... game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment